RE: [IP] Re: venting

Hi Harris,

I think you meant to address me, not Susan.

I've got great energy and didn't think it could get better since I've been
exercising regularly for the past two years. I do a 2.5 mile hike in the
mornings, three days a week. I'm considering adding weights because I know I
need to.

Losing weight has made my energy levels even better so that's a nice side
bonus.

I've been told to test for ketones when I'm sick so I just did last year.
Last May I caught the first cold I've had in over 11 years (may have been
longer but that's how long I've known my husband and he was shocked because
he's never seen me sick before.)

I've received a couple emails worrying that I'm running too low. I should
point out that I don't strive to have the lowest A1C I can but I believe
eating lower carb is the key, FOR ME.

I think one of the biggest factors in my success is that my insurance
company covers my test strips at 100% so I'm able to test a lot. I test
hourly and more frequently when I'm hiking.

I remember Bernstein talking about the "rule of small numbers" and I
subscribe to that; by eating small meals and using small amounts of insulin
and testing frequently to keep track of things, I usually only have to make
small adjustments.

Valerie