Re: [IP] Double Diabetes?

June, I did not change my insulin dosages when I started Metformin. The Met
I am using is Met ER (extended release) which is taken twice per day. The
tablets are 500 mg and I was prescribed two tabs each dosage. That would be
1000 mg with breakfast and 1000 with dinner. I decided to start with only 1
tab (500 mg) for each dose. I always like to ease my way into a new
medication. I saw my insulin requirements gradually dropping, so I adjusted
my pump settings. After things were going smoothly I raised my dosage to
1000 mg for each dose. After more changes on my pump I was very stable and
my total daily insulin dosage has dropped 30-40%.