Re: [IP] Re: venting

Hi, Adrienne, I have done a small amount of research on this, so I
absolutely am limited in my knowledge, but a high protein diet is a good way
to lose weight for the short run, but quite unhealthy over the long haul.
People who cut their calories will lose weight no matter what the crazy diet
is.  The issue is living a normal life and eating healthy for many years.
I'm not sure that a high protein diet is the way to go for a very long time.

Perhaps, someone else can chime in on this.  I am very physically active and
I just don't think a high protein diet would do it for me.  And, what people
need to be aware of is the glycemic index of a food.  So, if a type II eats
only whole wheat bread, which is very low on the glycemic index, they will
feel full much longer since it takes so much longer to digest and does not
spike your sugar.  It has been proven that spikes actually make you
hungrier.

Susan

On Tue, Jul 5, 2011 at 11:55 AM, Adrienne Burton <email @ redacted