Re: [IP] Double Diabetes?

Hi June,

 I have a similar situation. I'm overweight and have added metformin 500mg BID.
It can help with cellular resistance to insulin and a little weight loss. Just
be aware of some possible GI upset -- it's is a very common initial side effect
that most get past. If you do have an upset stomach that doesn't improve after a
few days to a week discontinue the metformin. Metformin has been around forever
and is really safe. Just be sure to tell your other docs that you take it. You
can't have any contrast dye (for radiology studies) while on metformin or you'll
damage your kidneys. Please check all this with your doc or nurse. Good luck!

Harris