[IP] Re: hospital visit

Jan is correct. Perhaps someone with an emergency comes in before one of
our routine surgeries. I'm sure none of us would begrudge them going into
surgery first. Life happens.

I had a 10-hour cervical spine reconstruction surgery last year. Worked
with my endo prior to surgery since I wore my pump through surgery and my
five-day hospital stay. Surgeons want your basals reduced before coming
in, and they want your targets increased a bit too. There are studies that
show patients recover more quickly when their numbers run just slightly
higher than aggressively low (like I tend to aim for).

We have to be our own advocates for the best medical care. A call to the
scheduling department the day before, confirmation of time upon arrival,
etc.

Valerie