[IP] Re: hospital visit

> <snip> am all prepped and ready for a quick D&C and after waiting
> for 2 hours I ask what is going on, you can't let me just sit here and
> fast with my pump running.  <snip> I know they can't be educated
> about diabetes like we are, but wow, this was the worst experience
> I have ever had.  I fasted for well over 12 hours and so what was
> their attitude.   <snip>

A pumper who is properly trained should be able to fast 24 hours. You must
have correct basal settings. I use 5 different basals with a possibility of
48. Each 1/2 hour your body may change needs. Have you heard of Basal
Fasting/Testing? Study the manual. ;-)

Jan & Muskers- T-1, 11/5/50, pumping 8/23/83, Dialyzing 7/8/02
http://tinyurl.com/JansBooks   http://tinyurl.com/evolvingpumps