RE: [IP] Total daily carbohydrate count

Lentils are a nice carb choice, and an inexpensive source of protein as well.
I like to cook up a pot of Hursts garlic and herb lentils every week in
winter, and enjoy them for lunch with a side salad.    Find them in the dried
bean section of your grocery store.   I hate beans by the way, but I love
lentils.   No soaking required prior to cooking.    1/2 cup cooked lentils has
21 grams carb, 10 grams fiber, 9 grams protein, and 130 calories.

Melody