Re: [IP] I can't make my pump say all that

It's a little hard for me to understand how it helps to suspend your pump
when you're already down to 40.  I can see if you're at 80 and you think
you're going to keep going down.  It takes quite awhile for a suspended
pump to affect your bg level.  I say just eat something that will raise you
up quickly and watch.  What I've started doing when I'm low to avoid going
too high is this:  Let's say I'm at 60.  We all know it takes about 15 to
20 minutes for insulin to work, so I'll figure out how many carbs I'm
eating and enter my bg into the pump and then the number of carbs I'll be
eating and I'll let the pump do the math. I may err on the side of eating a
few extra carbs.  If I'm really low, I only care about getting my bg up and
I don't care about being so perfect.  I just shove a couple of glucose
tablets into my mouth and chew.  I'll then take the time to figure out what
I have to do and how many more carbs I need.