Re: [IP] HR3710: Medicare CGM Coverage Act

Thank you, John H,  for your "draft" which I modified to fit my situation.
 Here is what I sent to my Congressperson:

CGM stands for Continuous Glucose Monitor. It is an extremely useful
technology for Diabetics. I have been a Type 1 diabetic for 49 years, and
have been using CGM for the last 4 years. The CGM along with my insulin
pump has helped me maintain glucose levels that would have otherwise
shortened my lifespan. It helps me prevent both extreme low blood sugars
and extreme high blood sugars and alerts to awaken me so that I do not end
up in insulin shock. I do not know what I would do without it, however, I
will be on Medicare this year, and Medicare does NOT currently cover CGM's.
"Continuous glucose monitors (A9276-A9278) are considered precautionary and
therefore non-covered under the DME benefit." CGM's have been in use since
their FDA approval in 1999 and have reached a level of accuracy that
sometimes is greater than the conventional "finger test". I urge you to
support this bill for the health of all diabetics.

--
George
don't get sick and if you do, die quickly