Re: [IP] HR3710: Medicare CGM Coverage Act

 That govtrack site is actually fairly useful.B It can set you up with a script
to call your representative.
 I decided to go the email route, which was a little bit more complicated, but
my rep's website made it fairly easy.

Here is what I told my rep.

CGM stands for Continuous Glucose Monitor.B B It is a
tremendously useful technology for Diabetics.B B I have been a Type 1
diabetic for 49 years, and have been using CGM for the last 4 or 5
years.B B This helps me prevent both extreme low blood sugars and extreme
high blood sugars.B B I do not know what I would do without it.B B However,
 in 4 years, I will be on medicare, and medicare does NOT currently cover
CGM's.B B

The Bill I have cited will change that, if it ever gets
through congress.B B I urge you to support this bill.B B Although CGM's are
not inexpensive, they can reduce the long term costs of diabetes by
eliminating or delaying complications.

 I urge all IP'ers no matter what your age or medicare status to make your voice
heard.
Here is what govtrack says about the bills chances.

Prognosis
1% chance of getting past committee.
0% chance of being enacted.
 Only 11% of bills made it past committee and only about 3% were enacted in
2011b2013

Off of soapbox now.B  I almost never publicly advocate.

John H