Re: [IP] Completely bummed

Rick,

Quite frankly--and I wouldn't recommend this if I hadn't done it for nearly
two years--you can use infusion sets for more than three days. *It's not
ideal, unlike the rest of a poor diabetic's life.* People who live in
a perfectly insured, well-funded world will be shocked and appalled. And
will chew you out. Over here in the real world, however...

I extended a few months of generously donated sets to two years because I
was dead serious about staying on the pump, uninsured, too sick to work.
Donators are lifesavers, right? I know that. But even they couldn't supply
two years worth of pump supplies. So.

Using sets an extra day (or ten!) can help when both supplies and cash are
low. It's your choice. This is an emergency option that with care, can make
your supplies last longer.

Meanwhile, blessings, good luck, and joy to you and your precious son! You
are wealthy indeed.