Re: [IP] Completely bummed

Rick,
I think it gets to all of us from time to time.  Sometimes it seems like most
of the time.  Like you I have been t1 for well over 40 years.  I have no
patience for the inept or folks who do not try at all even though I know most
of them cannot help it.

I try to find one thing a day that I enjoy that I do just for me.  It can be
something really stupid and not take that much time. Diversions defuse.
Yesterday frustrated with bureaucracy and being on hold a lot trying to get
supplies, I played with one of the dogs after putting a note to follow up on
my calendar for Monday.  Sometimes I sew/quilt, exercise, cook/bake, play a
computer game,...  It seems anything that requires total focus helps me
chill.  You may not have this challenge but if I get frustrated, my blood
sugar sky rockets faster higher then if I ate sugar.  I dont control
frustration any better then anyone else.  But those five minutes of diversion
really help.   If the diversion lasts 4 hours, I can wind up with bs in the
thirties.  :

Can you "help" your 5yo build and decorate a house out of a free box from a
store and crayons? Have them pick out where to put whindows and doors, color
of curtains, shutters..   If you know someone who sews, children love gluing
fabric scraps to paper.  I have friends who teach early childhood education
and have tons of essentially free fun stuff to do..  PM me if you want other
ideas.

Thanks,
Francesca