[IP] Re: sensor sites

Yes, I almost exclusively use my arms for the sensors. Occasionally my thighs
or love handles, but never once my stomach. In fact the Minimed trainer who
trained me on the CGMS five years ago had my start on my thigh and she was
wearing one on her arm. She never even suggested the stomach as she knew I was
using that for my infusion sets. I save my stomach and back for my pump sites.
Like you I have been pumping for 20 years and don't have that much real estate
on my abdomen. I'm running out of sites too for pumping, which is a different
matter for another post, so I definitely avoid that area for sensors.

My first two years on the CGMS I only used my thighs, but as I started
exercising more and getting more muscular in my legs, those sites were not
lasting very long and getting hard red bumps and "ejecting" the sensors after
a few days, so I switched to my arms. I love using my arms for sensors. It's
more comfortable, doesn't have the problems my legs had and seems more
accurate. I've only used the outer sides of my upper arms though, so I can
only fit about three sensors per arm before having to switch arms. Since
that's only six weeks (can't wear them more than 7 days due to skin irritation
issues), I then throw in a couple of spots on my hips and the flabbiest part
of my outer thighs just to extend the time until I'm back to square one on my
arms.  That system seems to work well for me.

I would love to use other parts of my arms, like the front, but am afraid to
as I'm more muscular there and the only place I can really pinch an inch is
the back of my arms. Does anyone else who doesn't have a lot of flab use the
front of your arms for sensors or other spots?

Another sensor question - I want to upgrade to the 530 pump/Enlite sensor soon
now that my Revel is out of warranty. My concern is that the new sensor goes
straight in rather than at an angle like the old Minimed sensor. I'm worried
about lying on it as I sleep on my sides and wear the sensors either on my
outer arms or outer thighs. That usually works okay with the current sensors,
although occasionally I get a weak sensor or lost sensor reading when I'm
lying on it. I'm wondering how the new straight-in sensor will be in that
regard. Does anyone have experience with that issue? Pam

<Has anyone been using their arms for sensors? I have few if any sites
available
in the stomach area and above. I need to save those areas for infusion sites.
I'm interested in others experiences with sites and sensors.>