Re: [IP] Using Mastisol

Thanks, Firas.  I'll check out the Hypafix tape.  The picture is super
helpful.

The Tac Away wipes work well.  They are $11 for 50 wipes.
http://search.americandiabeteswholesale.com/search?keywords=tac away  I find
that I need two tac away wipes to take off either the sensor or the pod.

<email @ redacted>wrote:

>> Does anyone have any other good ways of keeping their gear stuck on? I'm
>> trying
>> to keep a CGM sensor on for 7 days and an omnipod on for 3 days.
>> Currently, I
>> use Skin Tac to put them on and Tac Away to remove them. I've been using
>> the
>> wipes, but may try the bottle given that that seems to be a more common
>> approach.
>>
>> I tried covering the CGM sensor with a 4"x4.75" piece of Tegaderm rather
>> adding
>> extra glue. I don't seem to have the trick of getting the Tegaderm flat
and
>> therefore sealed well all the way around. One day, water accumulated under
>> it
>> during my shower, which made it sort of waterproof in the wrong direction
>> (keeping water in rather than out). Any thoughts on application technique?
>>
>> Thanks.
>>

>> On Jan 8, 2014, at 4:42 PM, "Ricca, Marie" <email @ redacted> wrote:
>>
>>> Hi John H.
>>> I use Mastisol straight from the bottle. I draw an oval above my naval to
>>> secure my DexG4, no applicator needed. Here's where I bought it from:

http://www.amazon.com/Mastisol-Medical-Liquid-Adhesive-Bottle/dp/B006OU8PNY/r
ef=pd_sbs_hpc_2