Re: [IP] Counting "Net" Carbs

Steve, When I first was diagnosed I was told by some to subtract half of
the fiber from the carb count and then I was told to subtract all of the
fiber from the total number of carbs.  I personally don't subtract anything
any more.  As a matter of fact, when I eat a slab of whole wheat bread
(home made), I have to spread out the insulin over 1 1/2 hours,  I give
myself 65% up front and 35% to follow.  If I don't do this, the bread takes
so long to digest that I'll go high after a couple of hours.  You may want
to make sure that you're basal rates are not causing the problem and that
may be why you went so low.  You may need to subtract out the fiber even
though I don't do it.  It's all a matter of experimentation.  Good luck.
Susan