[IP] Counting "Net" Carbs

I've been on insulin for 50 years, but I'm new to pumping and carb counting
(as of last July).

The instruction on carb counting says to only look at the total carbs -
don't adjust for fiber or "net" carbs. This morning I had 30 grams of carbs
from Kellog's All-Bran cereal, along with some granola. I used the total
carbs in the bolus wizard, but now (2 hours later), my reading is 68, up
from 55 after I drank a whole box of apple juice.

When I eat a breakfast of cereal like corn flakes that doesn't have as much
fiber, I don't seem to get low. This is causing me to question the carb
counting advice of not adjusting for fiber content.

Do any of you have the same issue? Do you have to adjust your carb count or
your dose when you eat high-fiber?

--
Steve