RE: Subject: Re: [IP] Animas, test strips, pump supplies, Medicare and CCS

I had a terrible time trying to manage with injections. I also have the dawn
phenomenon and changing basal rates. I can handle illness or brief steroid
phases much better and would hope that sooner or later, Medicare and other
insurance companies would recognize the value in doing everything they could
to support us on the front end. So I sure hope Medicare shapes up within
five years before I have to confront it. <grin> My pump truly gave me back
my quality of life and that's a very big deal as far as I'm concerned.
Choices are a good thing and for those who can manage well without them,
excellent. But we should be allowed to use whatever works the best for each
of us as individuals. Even if it's just that someone may be a tech nut, if
playing with high-tech equipment gets him or her to take control of
diabetes, that's one person saved right there and I'm all for it! Take that,
bean counters! <grin>
Thanks for the forum! Happy New year to all of you. May your diabetes be a
very minor part of good things to come. Glad you are all here.
Veronica

We woof you a Merry Christmas!
Make the humans and dogs on your list really happy by giving them music from
Veronica Elsea and The Guide Dog Glee Club at:
http://www.laurelcreekmusic.com
                Veronica Elsea, Owner
Laurel Creek Music Designs
Santa Cruz, California