[IP] Sweet Potatoes

Being on dialysis, I am potassium restricted. However, I will not (refuse)
to give up my beloved mashed potatoes, but there is a way of dialyzing them.
Peel, and slice thin, then soak 1 C of potatoes in 5C of water for 4 hrs. or
overnight. My potassium list tells me I can do that with with many
vegetables.

My question: Can I do that with Sweet Potatoes? I won't peel it, but can I
slice it and boil it later?

I heard on a cooking show that the difference in a Yam and Sweet Potato is
the size. A Yam is much bigger.

TIA

Jan & Muskers- T-1, 11/5/50, pumping 8/23/83, Dialyzing 7/8/02
http://tinyurl.com/BooksByJan   http://tinyurl.com/evolutionofpumps