[IP] Animas, test strips, pump supplies, Medicare and CCS

Angel said:
I get pump supply's from CCS (Animas onetouch ping) I was getting them from
Animas only they can no longer take medicare for pumps or pump supplies in
Illinois, CCS can't supply my test strips for my onetouch meter that works as
remote for my pump I was told they have no contract with onetouch so I get my
strips from Walgreens, for test strips they handle all the paperwork and
there's
no co-pay because they're Medicare approved, Medicare will generally only
give
you 100 test strips a month, Walgreens even did the paper work so I can get
200
strips monthly. With Medicare not paying for CGM I half to test 8 to 10 times
daly.

Angel, do you have other insurance besides Medicare?  I was told by Medicare,
CVS, and my secondary insurance that Medicare will only pay 80% of their
approved amount for strips and the insurance will pay the remaining 20%.  I
wonder if I will ever figure all this out.  CVS is one of only a few
pharmacies in my area that accepts Medicare assignment, so that is why I went
there.  I have to file a claim with my secondary for the 20%, because Medicare
and my secondary do not co-ordinate benefits for strips and insulin.
Julia