Re: [IP] Adjusting basal rates for surgery

 I got lucky when I had rotator cuff surgery a couple of years ago. The
anesthesiologist was a pumper! I turned basals down by 50% and he monitored me.
He even gave me a bolus before I woke up. They didn't use a glucose drip, just
saline. He was great.

 Actually, during a uterine ablation and colonoscopy and 2 hand surgeries and
arthroscopic knee surgery I kept my pump (not all at the same time!). They left
it up to my endo who is all fir me keeping my pump.

 I've been lucky. But other than the rotator cuff, they were all short
procedures.

 It so irks me that doctors want us on lantus which is so wildly useless for
many of us given our 24 hour variations in basal needs. Medical laziness.

Stacey M

Sent from my iPad