[Previous Months][Date Index][Thread Index][Join - Register][Login]   Help@Insulin-Pumpers.org
  [Message Prev][Message Next][Thread Prev][Thread Next]   for subscribe/unsubscribe assistance
 
 

Re: [IP] Medicare and CGM



If you dont like reading about facts or helpful hints I'm truly  sorry.  I 
enjoy reading/learning & posting about issues of my  soncern.
 
 
In a message dated 2/20/2014 11:14:41 A.M. Central Standard Time,  
email @ redacted writes:

PREACH!  the dimwitted schadenfreude of some people accumulates to
intolerable  levels.

Look, a Shakespeare quote: The quality of mercy is not  strained. It falls
from heaven as a gentle rain.

Constant reminders  of my lack of access to CGM make me want to get off this
list. I just have  to balance that with the wisdom, humor, advic, and
compassion that's also  present.

Somebody has a screw loose, and it defaults them to "I'm  crazy, tedious,
repetitive, and thoughtlessly cruel! Hi!"

Delete  immediately, and go for the gold. It's here! You just brought  
some...


On Thursday, February 20, 2014, Jerry Smith  <email @ redacted> wrote:

> Curyl and  Greg,
>
>  Is 'Curyl' your name? I aam frustrated by your  continuing redundant 
posts
> about
> Medicare and your excellent  coverage through SDI in Indiana. This is an
> issue of
> deep  concern for many of us on Medicare. The facts are that Medicare
> policy  is
> based on local policy articles, such as NHIC A33614, which deny  CGM
> coverage
> because it is precautionary. The Centers for  Medicare and Medicaid 
Services
> (CMS) based in Baltimore, MD, have  refused to issue a national coverage
> determination (NCD) that would  allow CGM coverage when it is medically
> reasonable and documented with  a letter of medical necessity.
>
>  You are very forrtunate  to receive full coverage for CGM. However, there
> are
> many more  of us who are forced to pay for CGM out of pocket or cannot
> afford  CGM
> because of bureaucratic refusal to make any changes to a  ridiculous 
policy
> that
> is out of date and not cost effective.  The complications of severe
> hypoglycemia,
> which you may have  been able to avoid, include seizures, coma, cognitive
> impairmant, and  death. Why don't you contact your represenative in
> Congress  and
> ask him or her to support HR3710, The Medicare CGM Coverage  Act?
>
>  You claim that nothing more needs to be done. You  could not be more
> wrong. The
> tone of your posts comes across  like none of us know what we are talking
> about.
> It would be  helpful if you could add something to a serious discussion.
> The  well
> meaning people who have posted at IP are trying to support  changes that
> would
> help many of us on Medicare. We are very  frustrated by the lack of
> response to
> our very legitimate  concerns.
>
> I wish you well, Curyl, or whatever your name  is.
>
>  Greg: Lack of Medicare coverage for CGM is  consistent in all states. I
> believe
> 'Curyl' gets coverage in  IN because of his SDI status. HR 3710 is not a
> partisan
> bill.  It can only pass if both parties support it.
>
> Jerry  Smith
> Rochester, NY
> Follow us at  https://www.twitter.com/insulinpumpers
> Make a long URL short at  http://type1.org
----------------------------------------------------------
for  HELP or to subscribe/unsubscribe/change list versions,
contact:  HELP@insulin-pumpers.org
Follow us at  https://www.twitter.com/insulinpumpers
Make a long URL short at  http://type1.org
.
----------------------------------------------------------
for HELP or to subscribe/unsubscribe/change list versions,
contact: HELP@insulin-pumpers.org
Follow us at https://www.twitter.com/insulinpumpers
Make a long URL short at http://type1.org