Re: [IP] Question re high blood pressure and 1st cardiologist visit

As you may have read, diabetes, high cholesterol, high BP, eye problems,
circulation and kidney problems all go hand in hand.  Diabetes affects
everything in your body in one way or another.  Before you meet the
cardiologist keep track of her BP.  Do this preferably at the same time
every day, at least one hour or two after eating or before eating, seated
with feet firmly planted on the floor.  Then compare these results with
what is taken at the doctor's office.  I was told that sometimes people are
nervous at the doctor's office (white coat syndrome).  The results you have
had are a little high.  You may want to ask for some kidney tests, like
complete urinalysis and serum creatinine  These indicate the kidney
functions which affect blood pressure. Good luck.  Let us know how it goes.