[IP] Question re high blood pressure and 1st cardiologist visit

Hi,

We are in some unchartered waters and this may not even be a T1-related issue.
But I'd like to check in with this group to see if we should be doing anything
differently.  My daughter has had T1D for over 13 years and is 18 years old.
She was diagnosed in 2011 with gastroparesis.  She is slim, eats very healthy
and is athletic.  Recently, we discovered at home while using a blood pressure
monitor that her blood pressure was high.  157/102.  Her doctor sent her to a
cardiologist and her blood pressure was high but not as high in his office.
An echocardiogram was ordered to be done in a week.

Since she already has one complication from T1 - the gastroparesis - I thought
maybe her kidneys could be causing the high BP.  I wondered if I should be
asking for blood work or some other types of tests?  Does anyone have an
opinion?

 Denise D.