[IPn] results...

Greetings Pumpers and Friends,

Contribute:  http://www.insulin-pumpers.org/donate

The MARYLAND challenge still a few dollars in matching funds from
first time donors. If you've been thinking about making a donation,
then it's time to follow the example set by MARYLAND and give $10 or
$20 in matching funds to support YOUR forum.

We've just finished the first full week of the Winter pledge drive
and have raised almost $2,000 for the months of January, February,
and March. Just like the public radio funding drives, I dislike fund
raising, it is intrusive and annoying. Unfortunately, it is necessary
and must be done.

Who should donate??
If you are financially able, subscribe to the mail list, and feel it
contributes to your well being, the management of your diabetes or
helps you solve problems that come up, then you should contribute to
the support of the forum. There are well over 6,300 members now and a
small annual contribution from each would easily provide our funding
needs. Unfortunately, not everyone contributes so the few who do
support the many who do not.

Why should you contribute??
Insulin Pumpers is a non-profit organization that "gives away" its
services. The services still must be paid for. Simple things like
rent, utilities and so on.... People with diabetes are at times
isolated from the rest of society either by happenstance or simply
because they are different. This can make a person feel lonely and
depressed. Forums like Insulin Pumpers provide a 'home' and sense of
community where everyone shares similar concerns and can find a
friend or a helping hand any time 24 hours a day. This is a valuable
resource that deserves your support so that all may benefit.

Who supports the forum now??
The majority of funding come from the forum members. With a small
amount coming from friends at the pump companies and a handful of
other diabetes related firms.

How to contribute.
You can make a one time donation to help match this challenge. You
can provide a sustaining donation by making a monthly pledge of $10
or $20 per month. This type of gift is very helpful because it
provides a predictable steady income that we can count on. Or....,
you can go big time and place a challenge of $100 or more to the list
membership to match your generosity with their individual donations.
This is one of our most valuable sources of income. Challenging the
membership to match your contribution has always brought a double
whammy for the Insulin Pumpers forum.

Where to Contribute.
To help match MARYLAND's challenge or make a sustaining contribution,
visit:

	http://www.insulin-pumpers.org/donate
or
	http://www.insulin-pumpers.org.uk/donate