[IP] Medical Expense Drduction: Change for 2013

I am about to post on another boring topic that has nothing to do with
Medicare CGM Coverage.

Yesterday I finished filing my 2013 Federal Tax Return, Form 1040, with
itemized Medical Expense Deduction on Schedule A.  For those of you born after
January 1, 1949, your deduction is limited to everything in excess of 10%.  In
2012 and prior years the limitation was 7.5%.  For those of us 65 and older,
we will continue to use the 7.5% exclusion until Tax Year 2017.

I don't want to get into a political discussion about why this was changed.
This change was included in the comprehensive Affordable Care Act which was
passed in 2010.  My only comment is that this a strange way to fund
'affordable' health care.

Happy Tax Filing to all IPers.  Don't forget to include your contributions to
Insulin Pumpers on Schedule A.  Michael needs our support and there is a tax
benefit.

Jerry Smith