Re: [IP] Diabetic diet (In hospital).

Back in the day (70s, 80s, early 90s) my hospital menu had DIABETIC DIET on
it, clear as day. Very restrictive, with lovely options like sugar-free
jello. Ick. Diet soda. Urgh.

The last time I was in hospital, my menus read CARB CONTROLLED. In other
words, "huge portions of food that I never eat." I was in a university
hospital that has a nutrition and dietary department (and a wonderfully
healthy campus restaurant, its own garden and greenhouses, etc). So I
didn't understand what the menus meant, or the food they gave me AT ALL.

They kept my blood sugar controlled, I was too sick to do it myself.
But--They gave me JUICE to drink--why?? I only eat fruit, never drink juice
unless I'm having an insulin reaction. I hadn't had juice for breakfast in
thirty years.

Hospital food is bad, and bad for you. I still do not understand.