Re: [IP] Medicare coverage of pump supplies/insulin

I am having a C-Peptide, fasting BG (rules indicate that these have to
be done on the same day), and a more involved profile done this Friday.
My mistake may have been not having the fasting BG and C Peptide done
the same date. However it is very difficult to get Medicare to clearly
spell out the reason for denial!  Will see what happens.  In Medicare
documentation from 1999 it is clear that Medicare would only cover Type
1 but in 2004 this was revised at the request of MiniMed and based on
C-Peptide/BG and not type.