Re: [IP] Kaiser NW - New policy for hospital admittance for pumpers

Last year I had a 10-hour cervical spine reconstruction surgery, with
incisions through the front and back. I worked with both my endo and the
anesthesiologist in order to wear my pump throughout surgery and my
five-day hospital stay. My husband was given a bed in my room so he could
manage my blood sugar and report to the nurses, who'd ask what my readings
were. As soon as I could manage my own care, I took over.

No issues, no complaints from Kaiser. In fact, they were thankful that I
took over my care because as they said, "you know your routine better than
we do."

Valerie