[IP] Certificate of medical necessity

Today I removed an infusion set after over a week of wear. Absorption was
poor, and there was a nasty red mark. "Ooh, this was a really bad one," I
said to myself. Oh well.  Except...

About three weeks ago, I visited my CDE. She did not approve of my extended
use of pump infusion sets. I told her: " I'm not taking Lantus. I will wear
the infusion sets for a month, rather than take 5 shots a day." I was
calm--even cheerful--when I said this. "I use donated infusion sets from
IP--and I make them last."

I had a visit with my endo about a week later. He told me that the CDE Had
started the process of a "certificate of medical necessity." He was also
highly critical of my infusion set use. By which, in short, and
consequently with this certificate,

MEDICAID WOULD PROVIDE MY PUMP SUPPLIES. (Yes, I'm shouting.)

I didn't believe them. I even called the third party supplier to
confirm, still not really believing...

Well, the USPS just knocked on my door to deliver a small box
containing exactly one months's worth of reservoirs and infusions sets.

I'm in shock. I thought I'd believe it when I saw it, but I still don't
believe or trust this.

BUT NEVERTHELESS I'M PRETTY DAMNED HAPPY ABOUT IT.

Thanks,