[IP] Medtronic Minimed San Antonio Service

My experience with MM San Antonio has been outstanding!  When my order for
Sof-Sensors was back ordered they sent me two free sensors because they were
unable to ship my order when promised.

I recently submitted a request for a new 530G system.  I was expecting a
denial because my pump was still in working order, but out of warranty.  I had
three documented motor errors which only required a rewind to correct.  I was
told that it would take two weeks for the paperwork to be filed with my
Medicare Advantage plan.

This week I received a call that my authorization had been approved and MM was
ready to ship.  My 20% co-pay is approximately $1,000 but I will receive a
$500 trade in credit when I return my old MM 523 Revel.  They offered me a
payment plan.  I want to take the IRS medical deduction for 2013 so I paid the
$500 up front.

I will receive the Enlite sensors next week as I had just received a box of
Sof-Sensors.  If I do not open the box I can return them for full credit.  My
next step is to schedule a training session with the MM clinical rep.  That
will probably take place in early January when I receive the Enlite sensors.

I would suggest that if anybody has problems, request to speak with a
supervisor in San Antonio and/or contact your local sales or clinical rep.  I
had spoken with my local rep before placing the order and she did not know if
my MA (Excellus BC/BS) plan would approve the 530G.  It helped that I have
been using CGM for more than six years with excellent results.

Merry Christmas to all Insulin-Pumpers and their families.

Jerry Smith
Rochester, NY