Re: [IP] Re: Medicare and pump rental

On 12/18/2013 07:17 PM, Jan Chait wrote:

> On Tuesday, you responded to Siles, who also has gotten pumps without paying
> anything out of pocket for them, with: "I'm SO Glad I'm not the only
> person(s) who get pumps & stuff from  Meidcare
> for frre   NO COST!!!"
>

> Siles does not make the cost - or, in your case, non-cost - of anything the
> subject of every post. In fact, this is the first time he's said anything
> about that, as far as I know.

Jan,

You are correct in that I never brought up my costs of supplies before.
It came up as part of my answer to renting a pump.As a former chairman
and board member of a Pumpers support group I know there are many others
on this group that pay little or nothing for supplies but we do not
boast about it or rub it in.

My costs are only a matter of concern to me and not the group. My
insurance has always been great thanks to contracts negotiated by the
CWA (Communications Workers of America) with General Telephone (now
Verizon). As for what I do for this group,  I have been a monthly
contributor for about 10 years and have donated Insulin and supplies
mostly through Michael. I do not boast about it because that is between
me and my conscience. TZADAKAH.

Off my soapbox for now.

Siles (MODY 3)