[IP] Re: insulin-pumpers-digest V13 #305

Date: Sat, 14 Dec 2013 12:55:20 -0500 (EST)
From: email @ redacted
Subject: Re: [IP] Medicare and pump rental.

Why would anyone want to "rent" an insulin pump?  I'd chanmge over to  MM,
they (or as I undersatnd it), "exchange" their pumps every few years to a
newer model.  Not sure about any costs incurred by anyone.  I received  mine
in Jan 12, it was from the V.A. but wheni do call for any assistance they
remind me that it is still under their policy until 15 so I'd have to talk
my  provide about getting an updated one.  Now that I'm using SSI  the VA
has no financial bearing on it I get everything free from MM/medicare. No
bills,  no co pays no hassle, evry month I get what I need, senors, strips
 resv quik sets..etc. Been since March 13. I don't even need tocall or
submit
a  request for a refill.

Happy Holidays to all

REPLY.........
>From Tina  email @ redacted

Unfortunately, many people are not in your situation, and everybody is
unique, I know.
I have had Medicaid and SSI at the same time in the past, had co-pays, but
were low. Was not on the pump at that time, so can't speak to that.
Everyone's set up is different. Since you are not paying anything or
receiving bills for it, just means that someone else is paying them, be it
VA, SSI, Medicare or Medicaid. Since you receive SSI, you probably have
both Medicare and Medicaid and between them and maybe VA being billed 3rd.
I don't know. What I DO know, is that pump companies and supply companies
want MONEY and some fund somewhere is getting billed.
I am not griping, just pondering and maybe being a little jealous, but glad
that things are turning out for you at this time. With all the changes in
insurance, I would keep my fingers crossed though.