RE: [IP] Fwd: diaTribe petition - don't restrict test strips for people with diabetes!

When I taught my students about diabetes, and when I'm asked by someone if I
have the "bad kind" I always tell them that BOTH kinds of diabetes are the
bad kind!  Why people think that one is worse than the other, in terms of
complications, etc, is beyond me.  I agree with the others who have said it
in the past; either DM1 or DM2 needs to have a totally different name.
People just don't get it.

Sue
else's life."

<<That is horrible! It's really discriminatory, (the belief that type 2 is a
character problem- dont gorge yourself, lose weight and you won't have it,
etc), dangerous and in the end not cost effective for the state. I signed it
and if I was in Oregon believe me I would be at the hearing.>>