Re: [IP] Dexcom transmitter

Jan, I just had my transmitter fail and I've been without my Dex for a few
days now.  My transmitter did give me a warning, but it still took time for
insurance to approve a new one, and the PA at the doc's office didn't date
the form and anything that could go wrong did.  I finally called my
insurance company and got things rolling with Dexcom's help and I'm
supposed to get my new one tomorrow.  I had to pay extra to have it over
night-ed.

I had to do a 60 mile bike ride without it and I was a nervous wreck.  I
started going down and the next time I checked I was at 300.  Then I went
low a little later.  I need my Dexcom.  I am addicted to it.  Last night I
woke up and I was at 51.  Thank goodness I have to pee at night.  I'm even
putting off spinning class until tomorrow when my sensor is lovingly
embedded into my stomach.

BTW, I am having minor hand surgery this Friday and the doc said if I had
to I could take a glucose tablet.  I wouldn't have waited until I was in
the 40's.  Too dangerous.  Hope all went well for you.  Susan