[IP] Re: Dexcom Conduct

Hi Alice,
I, too, am recently covered by Medicare and AARP/United Healthcare Plan G. My
previous Medicare Advantage plan paid for a G6.  When I made my first Dexcom
order on my new plan I was told that Dexcom will not be shipping the G6 to
clients with regular Medicare coverage until January.

Dexcom, however, is supplying G6 sensors and transmitters to me FREE OF CHARGE
until they are up and running with Medicare/G6.  The Dexcom Customer Service
Rep assisting me with this is Reilly Hoeft  email @ redacted
<mailto:email @ redacted> .

I have always had excellent customer service from Dexcom. I hope that this
information helps you get the situation remedied!

<email @ redacted> wrote:

> insulin-pumpers-digest   Thursday, August 15 2019   Volume 13 : Number 1590

> This issue of the digest contains:
> [IP] Medtronic pumps covered by Medicare
> Re: [IP] A simple pump
> [IP] Re: Dexcom Conduct?
>
> ------------------------------
>
> Date: Thu, 15 Aug 2019 22:20:15 +0000 (UTC)
> From: Alice Mosley <email @ redacted>
> Subject: [IP] Re: Dexcom Conduct?
>
> Dexcom just informed me, almost two weeks after placing an order, that,
after
> investigations, I can no longer order through them, but must go through
Byram
> Healthcare, as my insurance has switched from Blue Shield to United
Healthcare
> Medicare (I am retired as of July 1st).B Okay, but why did it take them so
> long to provide this information?
> Upon phoning Byram, I was told that my new insurance will not cover the G6,
> which I have been using about a year and a half (I'm estimating). Indeed,
at
> the time I went to upgrade quite happily from the G4 to the G5, I was
heavily
> influenced to skip the G5 and go straight to the G6. Now I face not having
> supplies for the G6, although I just switched to a new transmitter, which
is
> good for another three months, and am about to go travelling for about 4
> weeks. I neither have the appropriate transmitter nor up to date sensors.
> By contrast, I've found Tandem representatives helpful and responsive in
> helping me out with any lack of equipment supplies, sadly not so with
Dexcom.
> Has anyone encountered similar issues? Any advice on whom to contact? I'm
> almost tempted to contact the Better Business Bureau, although I cannot
prove
> that the G6 was heavily promoted, and it is now no longer available to me.
At