[IP] Re: Medicare (of course)

 Sorry you're having trouble Sue, but yes, MM should give you whatever quantity
of supplies the doctor writes on the prescription so that's what you need to
check first. And if the prescription is for more than the norm it could require
proof of medical necessity and approval by Medicare first. That all is dictated
by Medicare rules, not Medtronic. They can't deviate from that and bill Medicare
for it because they're bound by Medicare rules as Medicare is the payer. They're
subject to audits and losing their Medicare supplier status if they don't follow
the rules. This would be true with whoever supplies your reservoirs.

 Also, the 5 year pump rule for Medicare applies to all pumps, not just
Medtronic. I know it's very frustrating, but the idea behind it is to save
taxpayers money from replacing equipment that's working fine. CMS must have
analyzed the data and decided that even though pump warranties are for 4 years
the majority actually last 5 years. So anyone who wants a new pump should find a
way to get it before starting Medicare. Pam

Sent from my iPad