Re: [IP] Pumps?

i have had medtronic pumps thru many models without a cgm. i got the 670
with cgm in November of 2017. the 670 has a lot of button pushes (10-14)
for a simple bolus. I am not sure if it keeps bs more level, I used to be
able to be 100-90 most of the days on my own settings, now this fluctuates
and even though the target is set at 100 it is constantly at 140-150. and
it wont let me give a correction bolus. I have always had the insight to
modify dosage for bad food choices...Chinese, or low activity days, high
activity days, etc. the cgm is in need of constant attention. it requests
and beeps all times of the day and night for calibrations, bg required,
updating sensor for 3 hours, too high, too low, not enough low insulin
delivery, excess insulin delivery, etc. it takes more strips to satisfy it
than my normal past testing of 6-10 times a day.
I now found it sad to be worried about leaving the house for 4 hours and if
I have enough strips to keep it happy in auto mode.
 I do not feel it has enough algorithm, If I have 3 days of high activity
in a row, I will be constantly low after those days for 3 days and then
after that high for 3 days.
I was happy with a low a1c on my own with some highs and some lows, but i
lived life.
I feel if you stayed at home all day everyday, sat on the couch and had out
of control bs's, this system might work for you.