[IP] Re: insulin-pumpers-digest V13 #1389

On Thu, Apr 5, 2018 at 2:27 PM, george lovelace <email @ redacted
insulin-pumpers.org> wrote:

> I am one of the original "6%" that had to mix Humalog with Velosulin when I
> began pumping in 1998, otherwise sites would go dead in less than 24
> hours.

When Novolog came out I switched to it and no longer had to mix but missed
> the speed of uptake of Humalog. When Apidra was introduced I thought I had
> found my perfect insulin, fast uptake, good duration and no allergy issues.
> Last month I did a trial vial of Fiasp and IT IS PERFECT (for me)  Since it
> is, in effect, a reformulation of Novolog I have hopes for approval from
> CMS but we all know how that goes. By the time they get around to covering
> it.....

I remember the mixing days!

In my case Novolog worked faster than Humalog anyway, and I haven't tried
anything else since. Fiasp might be interesting to try, though.  Hmmm...

Greg Legowski | email @ redacted | email @ redacted
b"When I rise to power, those people will be sterilized."