[IP] Re: insulin-pumpers-digest V13 #419

As always, it is a YMMV as far as the meds are concerned.
My roommate had disastrous effects from them,
 my mom not good effects
and myself..no effects except good. Roommate took them for a few months,
effects slowly accumulated to major muscle weakness. My mom, felt terrible
within the first 24 hours BUT hard to say as she had rapid onset of another
illness. Whether it was "influenced" due to the meds (don't know as
symptoms were around for a long time ...whether the meds tipped scale or
not), Regardless, she only took them about 2 days.
Myself, all good and effective. I decided to do a "test" last year, and
knowing I was coming up to a testing period, did NOT take them for about
4-6 weeks prior to test. Results...total cholesterol double to the 180
range. With the meds, my numbers, as I have been told, are actually
amazingly good with an inverse ratio...more bad than good...I don't recall
what it means, just that it is really good. I get insurance coverage, so it
is one of the few meds that cost me a little (most cost a pretty penny for
me) and seems to do no harm, so I take them.

As for Milk and carbs, had not thought about it too much in a long time,
but yes, the carb count is the same, regardless of the fat level. Between
roommate, my liking and recipe, I happen to have fat free, 2% and whole
milk in the fridge right now!
Personally I prefer the 2% mininum....fat free is just white water....and I
can add the 1/4c of milk to water and make my own.....just kidding...
It is a pet peeve of mine about 100% juice vs juice drinks. 100% can "seem"
more expensive, but I would rather get 100% and water it down on my own.
Juice drinks are often 10% juice, meaning they put 1 cup of pure juice with
9 cups of water and sell it for almost the same price as 100%. That is so
not fair.