Re: [IP] Back from the endo + Cholesterol questions

FIRAS,

A few links from Google

http://www.foxnews.com/health/2012/11/13/for-cholesterol-tests-fasting-may-not-be-required/

http://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pubmed/9363296
 It's about fasting during Ramadan, but during Ramadan, if I understand you fast
during the day, but feast at night

Most google results discuss prolonged fasting, which is NOT your concern.

 My cholesterol levels were real low last time I had them done. I "studied" for
my blood test for about 5 weeks.

 1. Almost no meat. Sometimes a few bits in soups. My protein was basically fish
and some cheese, usually small quantities of either. Lots of veggies and salads.

 2. Red Yeast Rice and CoQ 10. I was taking 2400 units a day, which is way high.
I hadn't meant to do that. The pills were for 1200, and I thought you needed 2
to reach that dose. OOPS, one was all that was needed.

I was surprised I lowered it that much.

 In the past, my LDL was usually 75 or so, which is quite good, but my endo
wanted below 70. In my second to last appointment it was 95. Most recent 55.

My doc is a big fan of statins and I have been very resistant to go that route.

DENISE,

If you have a link to that UK study I'd love to see it.
 My endo says it's different for diabetics than for non, but I am always curious
if they distinguish between Type 1 & 2.
And finally,

 I am NOT a doctor, and what works for me may not work for you, and may even be
dangerous. If you get any kind of supplement use a reputable source.

John