Re: [IP] The joys of retirement episode 4

This is the write-up from the article.
I clicked on the MyDiaBase link, and the resulting web page said "No
front page content has been created yet."
There are message boards with 0 messages and 0 replies.
Sounds good, but obviously still under development.

* How about a USB memory stick that not only stores your BG data, but
also helps provide a "second opinion" on your current diabetes
treatment?  A certain Dr. Michael Albisser in Florida is
experimenting with just such a device, called <http://www.nidm.org/>MyDiaBase.

In his own words: "The device is a full featured SMBG database and
personal diabetes registry, all in a portable memory module.  Not
just a mini EMR, it includes software with unique features that
realize a 'personal diabetes prescription check.  This RxChecker
accesses the MyDiaBase and then can support the user in obtaining an
objective '2nd Opinion' of their current diabetes treatment.  The 2nd
Opinion teaches the user when to contact their doctor and what to
talk about.  This closes the circle of care rather effectively."

- See more at:

http://www.healthcentral.com/diabetes/c/84/27148/mobile-health-stuff/#sthash.eQRFiQ1S.dpuf