[IP] Long article in NY Times talks mostly about diabetes

 It's really about the high cost of treating chronic diseases. At the end they
talk about a few others, but it's mostly about diabetes, and mostly about
pumping.

If you are not a subscriber you can read a limited number of articles for free.

 I ran through it quickly and they seemed to get a lot of things wrong, but not
seriously wrong. They also seemed to exaggerate the costs of some things, but
that is hard to tell, because who knows what anything costs in the US. There is
list price and then there is negotiated price.
Insulin analogs for $200 a bottle.   I think that's high.

 The insurer would no longer pay for a brand of strips that were used in an
insulin pump (Is there such a pump? I know Medtronic and Animas have meters that
talk to the pump, but that's different)

So have at it, and if you comment to the Times, please share it here.

 Other things of note, Insulin Analogs (They mean Novolog Humalog Apidra cost
$200 here (allegedly) while in the UK pharmacists pay $30 per bottle and "give
them away for free".

Here's the link

http://www.nytimes.com/2014/04/06/health/even-small-medical-advances-can-mean-big-jumps-in-bills.html?hp

Title is "Even Small Medical Advances can mean Big Jumps in Fees"

Right now it's right on the front page of the Online edition.