Re: [IP] Wow, I didn't realize you can OVERCALIBRATE a Dexcom 7+

On 4/19/2011 11:32 PM, BrentM wrote:
> I haven't entered a calibration reading since my earlier post and the gap
> between actual readings and CGMS readings is now much closer than it's been
> recently.    I think this tends to prove the "over-calibration" theory on the
> Dexcom 7+;
>

> ________________________________

People

http://www.tudiabetes.org/group/dexcomusers/forum/topics/inaccurate-blood-sugar-tests

> My last two sensors have had readings bouncing all over the place, and it
> didn't
> strike me that I was doing something wrong until I read some of this info
> online
> today. I'm going to limit the number of calibration readings that I enter to
> see if it makes a difference.
>
> Just thought I'd share.
>
> Brent

I do the double entry 5 minutes apart.  I calibrate 4X day and I find my
own Dexcom 7+ is consistently accurate to within 5-10 mg% of my
fingersticks.

Clint Randolph