Re: [IP] Re: Passover

On 04/19/2011 07:49 PM, Alan Segal wrote:
> How did you estimate everything?
Alan,

Experience. Eat a little and test, eat a little more and test. Repeat.
Been doing this since 1955. That is when the MDs promised me a cure in
5 years. OOPS!

Actually I bolus after each course and not wait till the sedar is
finished hours later. It helps when the same family members cook the
same dishes every year. Big change for me was when my wife quit cooking
and my daughter-in-law started. Had to learn carbs again.

Matzos is 20 - 28 grams per piece depending on the brand and flour or
egg. Look at the box.
matzoh ball (2 small or 1 large) is 12 g
gefillte fish medium with jelly is 2g
kugel is 25g

For the rest take a SWAG, (Scientific Wild A** Guess)

Counts are fr4om Calorie King Book

Also I use combination or extended bolus for the main course as there is
a lot of fats in the dishes (at least in my family).

Enjoy.

Siles