[IP] Amyloidosis Diagnosis

Last week I had the overwhelming news that I have a very rare and
usually deadly disease called: Amyloidosis

I am reading incessantly, but it is very complicated as well as very
horrible. Only a couple of thousand cases a year are diagnosed and it is
a disease which produces Amyloid protein in the bone marrow after which
it goes into the blood and then, of course, everywhere it wants. Once it
deposits itself in an organ or system, it is most frequently referred to
as "cement," and the organ is compromised or destroyed. The medical
professionals do not agree on whether or not it is in the cancer arena.

I would be very grateful to hear from anyone who knows anything about it
or has it along with their Type 1 Diabetes.  It can affect the pancreas,
liver, kidneys, heart and on and on.  Thank you for any input.