[IP] Wearing my first Enlite sensor - the experience
Some days ago I've had the chance to get on my hands my first Enlite sensor
and the serter that comes with it. I will try to describe my experience of
that new sensor till now. Please excuse my English as my mother language is
Enlite comes in a hard plastic box that is similar to a Quickset box. It
does not need fridge, so I can store them at the same place with my other
The serter looks like a double in height quickserter but has only one button
at the upper side.
The packing of the new sensor is much more sophisticated than the softsensor
I used till now. The needle is hidden well and you cant see it or actually
feel it at any stage of the insertion procedure.
When I unpack the enlite sensor I place it on a clean table and hold it with
my two fingers while I place the serter on the top of the sensor. The serter
is made in a way that does not let you make an error while placing the
sensor in the serter. A clear click was heard when the sensor loaded. After
that I remove the the first part of adhesive protector and place it on my
body (used my tummy), to insert it.
Pressing the insertion button nothing happens. The insertion happens when
you leave the insertion button. At that time I felt only a clap ( a soft
punch) on my body and no feeling of a needle coming in me. I thought that I
did something wrong but I continue the procedure as it was written in the
guide. I kept the serter on place and count from 1 to 5 (5 seconds for the
adhesive to stuck) before I repress the button and pull the serter away. The
serter removed with the needle hidden in a plastic part. So, I ve never had
the chance to see or feel the needle which was great as one of the scary
part of placing the old sensors was to remove the needle from the body. It
had worked like charm!
Then I removed carefully the second part of the adhesive protector and help,
with my fingers, the rear part of the adhesive, which has the shape of the
transmitter, to stuck well. Then I used one of the two special transparent
adhesive that comes with every sensor to stabilize sensor in place. This
adhesive looks like an IV 3000 with a orthogonal hole in the middle. When
you place it it holds the frond part of the sensor to stay in your body
(like the paper tapes we used), when the rear part stuck at the rear part of
sensor's adhesive leaving the sensor's connection free at the orthogonal
The glue they use at the new adhesives are much more strong than the one the
previous adhesives had. There was no allergic reaction of the adhesives on
my skin till now.
Then I placed the transmitter, the same way I always do and start the system
on from my pump. I removed the third part of the sensor's adhesive protector
and cover the transmitter with the adhesive. This third part of the adhesive
looks like a tale that when placed on the transmitter it keeps it stable and
Because I plan to use that sensor as long as I can, I placed an IV-3000 on
top of all these, just to be sure. This IV-3000 is not necessary by the
The whole insertion procedure has nothing to do with what we did with the
soft sensor. It is much more easier, painless and stuck the enlite sensor
far more better than the old one. For me it was a totally different
experience and this is why I tried to describe it as good as I can.
USING THE NEW SENSOR
The first difference I saw using the new enlite sensor was the Isig.
Produced Isig was far more higher than any soft sensor's I ever use at the
five years with them. At the first calibration I' ve had Isig 49,68 for BG
At the first day of use, I found a decrease at enlite Isig's power which
fell down at the Isig of 29,92 for BG 102 and then stays around there all
the days I use that sensor, till now (day 11).
Because of that Isig decrease, I restart the sensor on day 2 and did not
give calibration for two hours to let system forget previous calibrations.
After that restarting on day 2 the system was incredible accurate for the
next 6 days. It was hand by hand with my Abbott's freestyle lite BG meter I
use at highs and lows with lag time arround 6 minutes between the SG and BG,
if they showed different (but always close) results. When the results was
different I waited for 6 minutes and had the same SG result as BG.
At day 7 when I recharge and restart the sensor I've had less problems as
the system had not showed any Isig decrease or other problems. Now I'm
writing this e-mail both my BG and SG are 124ml/dl and Isig is 35.74!
I'm amazed with the enlite accountancy, except the first day of use. It
clearly has higher definition than the soft sensor and follows all my highs
and lows very very close. My higher reading those days was BG 263 when SG
was 257ml/dl, when my lower BG reading was 38, enlite SG was --- because it
does not appears values bellow 40.
I use high and low alerts (69-121), prediction alerts (30' minutes) and rate
alerts (fall 2.0/min, rice 1,5/min). I checked every single high or low
alert I've got with mh BG meter and found that all alerts was accurate with
the exception of the first day. In some of these alerts I found the 6
minutes lag time between the meter and SG.
The result was great for me till now. The adhesives are still well stacked
no matter of the showers I ve got all these 11 days with the exception of
the top IV-3000 which I replace it for 4 times after showers without harming
the original adhesives. I plan to keep this first sensor as long as I can
and no less than 21 days, just to see how it goes till it dies.
Sorry if that text was long but I did my best to keep it short without
leaving out any details that I thought you would like to know.
If you have any questions or want to learn more details please ask me and
I'll do my best to answer.
Sent from my black-iRefrigerator
for HELP or to subscribe/unsubscribe/change list versions,