From: Babs & Dave Moffett <email @ redacted>
Subject: [IP] storing insulin in reservoirs
To: email @ redacted
Date: Saturday, April 16, 2011, 8:13 PM

Just had a local insulin-pumpers support group meeting on Thurs.  We had a
Medtronic salesperson/educator.  She is also a pumper herself.  The subject of
prefilling reervoirs came up. She said to NEVER store prefilled reservoirs in
the refridgerator.  As insulin warms up it gives off excess oxygen.  If you
pull a cold reservoir out and put it in your pump you will end up with air in
your tubing and in you.  She also said she would not suggest prefilling
reservoirs for very long.  The black ring is not made to stay wet for a very
long time and could begin to disintigrate.  When asked she did admit to
wearing her sensors for 6 days but, said she would never wear an infusion set
for longer than 3 days.  She's seen too many problems caused by extended use.
She also showed us the new Mio infusion set.  You can see it on the Medtronic
website, if your interested.  It now has 3 sizes of tubing.  She said the new
smaller size is really made for
 children though.

Babs
Diabetic 46 years Pumper 11 years CGM 3 years .