[IP] re: being prepared and carelink

Hi All,
just found out from the Medtronic help desk (have had some problems with
infusion sets)
that the Carelink system is now compatible with Mac. This is good news for
me as I recently
ditched all Windows computers and went to Mac only.

As for being prepared, I've had to learn the hard way to always keep sets
and insulin
nearby. Last night we hit the fraidy hole a couple of times due to bad
weather and
both times I remembered to take insulin and supplies with me. I used to be
involved with emergency management on the local level,and was instructed to
have a go-kit
ready at all times. A good site for reference is www.72hours.org.

I've been putting together my go-kit I'm using a backpack and have a
firestarter, flashlight and
batteries, crank up radio, ham radio and batteries (I'm licensed),cell phone
and charger, a couple
of knives-one hunting one pocket, several feet of paracord, canned food and
insulin pump supplies for 3 days.
Hopefully I'll never need all of this, but as someone once said "expect the
best, plan for the worst and prepare to be
surprised."
Tony

--
Quondo Omni Flunkus Mortati