[IPu] Extract from Main List

Note 'Mini-gusher's and gusher's in general can, and do happen to pump users
as well as insulin injectors of any age.
Alan Reed
Date: Sat, 12 Oct 2002 23:54:43 -0500
From: "Allison Rogers" <email @ redacted>
Subject: [IP] Mini-gusher?

Hello there,
We had an incident today that I'd like some input on...

I went to do a set change on JayJay this afternoon and as soon as I pulled
the introducer needle out of the quick-set, I saw red. The tubing started to
fill with blood. By the time I managed to grab a paper towel, the blood was
almost to the end of the tube. I pulled the new set off and pressed the
towel on the spot for maybe 60 seconds and the bleeding had stopped already.
Since it stopped so quickly I figure it wasn't a "true" gusher, but I don't
really know what happened. Did I just hit the right (wrong) spot? JayJay was
majorly traumatized by the whole thing and had to be held down for the first
time in a long time to put another set in. Any insights would be greatly

Mom to JayJay, 4 1/2
dx'd @ 11 mos.
pumping with "Zero