From: email @ redacted
[mailto:email @ redacted] On Behalf Of Rachel A
Sent: Thursday, 19 May 2011 3:14 AM
To: undisclosed-recipients:
Subject: [IPp] Type 1 Diabetes: An Amazing Race

As some of you may recall, the first female team & person with Type 1
Diabetes won the Amazing Race:
http://www.cbs.com/primetime/amazing_race/cast/17/nat-and-kat/

After reading the article about the amazing Strand in Diabetes Forcast, this
particular paragraph from her MD friend really struck me: *Other teams
would be asleep for eight hours straight, and her insulin pump would be
beeping every hoursometimes every 10 minutesand we just wouldnt get a
full nights sleep, recalls Chang. Even as a fellow doctor, she says she
had no idea how all-consuming diabetes management was until she lived it,
right alongside her best friend: Being with her 24-7 for an entire month
straight was really enlightening, Chang says. I definitely have a new
respect and understanding for diabetesthat it is just so, so, so difficult
to manage, and it is absolutely 24-7.*

http://forecast.diabetes.org/magazine/features/nat-strands-amazing-race

This was stated by her MD friend Chang who competed on Strand's team on the
Amazing Race show. This woman is a DOCTOR and had no idea about how
involving Type 1 Diabetes is in our daily lives.

If that doesn't say it all about Type 1 Diabetes, I don't know what does....

Rachel - email @ redacted
http://www.google.com/profiles/rachelandcole<http://www.google.com/profiles/
achelandcole#>
https://www.facebook.com/AllBrightPhotography